Monday, November 16, 2009

Teeth/mouth problems..Help!?

This is the second time this has happened, but it's becomming more difficult to get over. the pain started from chewing food, and then the pain started right under my jaw, and up to my ear. and right now I have a problem of trying to opening my mouth to properly chew. anyone have any remedies to help relax the mucsles near the back of my mouth where the problem started?? my face is alittle swollen but not much.. what can I do????

Teeth/mouth problems..Help!?
I have a problem like this and I recently asked my dentist. He told me what is was called, but I don't recall, but he told me if it hurts a little, like once a month, then its nothing to worry about, but if it gets worse it could need to be surgically fixed or a less severe way, use a mouth guard.


How he described it to me, there is a ligament that connects the jaw to the scull, and this will slip forward, and when it gets too far, it will pop back. This causes pain, but for me it goes away. He told me that the cause of that happening is due to me grinding my teeth or clenching my jaw. So if you do one of these, it might be why. Now, you can try a mouth guard and see if that helps.
Reply:I too have same problem and also don't knnow if to call oral surgeon or wo to call next. I too am confused as to what to do. It seems like i have been taking aleve and tylenol constantly. Hope we both find answer on what to do. Good Luck .


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net