Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wisdom teeth problems... abscesses.. why;/!?

I had my wisdom teeth out on sept 7th, then i had a surgery to get an abscess drained on sept 26th, and then I think i got another one but I'm not sure. I'm really afraid, why do I keep getting abscesses and what should I do to prevent the next one? I use the syringe and I don't even EAT after i get stuff done. so what the hecks going onn? i dont know anybody who gets abscesses like this. i want to cry and kill myself.

Wisdom teeth problems... abscesses.. why;/!?
Talk to your dentist about this.
Reply:Yes, please do talk with your dentist! Dental abscesses often get their start when bacteria invade a decayed tooth; the decay may then travel to the gums or jawbone. Decay can also begin in the mouth when teeth are not brushed or flossed properly. Poor dental hygiene is the major cause.





Rinse your mouth with warm water every hour or as needed to ease the pain. This will help draw the infection from the abscess. For pain, you can take over-the-counter medications, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. (Tylenol and Advil, respectively). I have found Aleve works well too. (2 tablets). To help ease the pain, avoid chewing on the affected side for at least 2 days; you may need to limit yourself to a liquid diet. NO SODA! NO ALCOHOL! Putting ice on your face over the affected area may also relieve the pain. Apply the ice for 15 mins on and 15 mins off.





To prevent abcesses: brush and floss regularly. At the least twice a day and after every meal. Reduce the sugar in your diet.





I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!

Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net