Friday, May 21, 2010

Bones For Healthy Teeth?

Could someone please tell me a great brand of dog bones (not treats) to buy that will clean and strengthen a puppy's teeth? I've got a pom puppy and pom's are particularly susceptiable to teeth problems. I've tried greenies (although some don't like greenies, i know) but I'd like to get a bone that she can't eat a lot of it... just one she can chew for hours! Thanks!! :D

Bones For Healthy Teeth?
Raw bones are an excellent way to keep a dog's teeth clean and healthy. Never give her cooked bones as they can cause obstructions and I always supervised my dog while she chewed a bone. I used a good sturdy lamb bone that I got from a butcher. You should also get her used to having her teeth brushed with a good canine tooth paste.
Reply:I think the brand is actually called nylabone- and they can be chewed for years and are very good for dog's teeth- remove tartar... Any pet store should have one...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net