Friday, May 21, 2010

Teeth problem. please help.?

I am a 15 year old girl.


I have just been to the dentist today. Last I was there is about a year ago. But well, my dentist found big cavities in 5 of my back teeth, and I got really shocked! But like that isn't enough, I also have a cavitie on my front tooth! I am going to have it all done on monday.


The cavities in my back teeth are really big, and maybe one of them will need a root canal. I am really scared.





What it is like to get a root canal? does it hurt more than getting fillings. Cause I hate getting fillings! :(





What is it like to have a filling in a front tooth? can you tell that I have it?





I am only 15, and I have already had 14 cavities, and now maybe also a root canal ): is it normal for a 15 year old? Or are my teeth really bad?





please help. I really need it!

Teeth problem. please help.?
Honestly root canals (RT) are sore after you have them done. The dentist will be removing the nerve of the tooth with files, that he moves up and down against the inside of your tooth. The up and down motion "works" the tooth OR exercises it. There is a lining around the roots of your tooth that can actually be bruised by "working" the tooth. So yes it can be sore for a couple of days after your RT. Just think about you not exercising for a long time and then you decide to get back into shape. You are going to be sore when you first start to work out right?**Act your dentist to take the tooth down just a little so that you're not really biting that hard on the tooth, unless you are eating on that side of your mouth. (The dentist I worked for did this for everyone).





Now for the filling on your front tooth....there are several types of "tooth" colored materials that your dentist can use. They take a color chart and compare your tooth color to the colors that they have. We were very successfull at matching the filling colors with the tooth color. ***JUST know that you will now need to be carefull of what you drink!! Tooth colored fillings can pick up coloring from coffee, tea and sodas. In other words, the filling could turn dark if you are not carefull about how you take care of it!!





In order for you to make sure that this doesn't happen again....see your dentist every 6 months. Most insurance plans cover teeth cleanings every 6 months with x-rays once a year. At least then you'd be able to catch the cavaties BEFORE they get too bad.





It is also important for you to floss and brush twice a day. Most cavaties start between the teeth, so flossing will help stop those cavaties. If your not going to floss/brush 2x a day....then at least do it at night. Your mouth is not active (talking/eating) and you don't produce as much saliva at night. Both of those help you to keep some plaque off of your teeth. So therefore you need to get all the food/plaque off of your teeth at night.
Reply:yeah my teeth are that bad too. We aren't taking very good care of them Tell your parents to tell the dentist to give you laughing gas or a sedative, most dentists offer this now as an incentive to get your teeth fixed, because most of us are afraid of dental pain. I've got 8 cavities (well that was 4 yrs ago last time i saw dentist) so now i probably have like 14 but i just want to get all my teeth out and get dentures. I'm 30 and am sick of my teeth.

fabric boots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net