Monday, May 17, 2010

COMPLICATED dental problems, what are my options, can I keep my teeth?!?

Good dental practices thruout childhood,brushed daily, floss rarely though, at age of 14 started smoking ciggs, developed insane addiction to MT DEW,dabbled in some drug use (weekend recreational f(meth) for approx 1 yr) until became preg at 16. Then again at 18. Wisdom teeth came, to dentist 1st time since 14, was told I had "severe" plaque and I think some pretty major cavities, maybe mild gum disease (cant remember, had bleeding gums then, not now). Wisdom teeth out age 19-20-dry socket, finally healed. About 3 yrs ago went to see dentist for pain again and a "crumbling" tooth in the back. Was told I had severe bone loss d/t periodontal disease,had the teeth (Jaw?)of a 65 year old at 25. Resolved that acute issue and no more dentist. Now-my teeth are loose! (im 28) large gaps between them developing, DEEP pockets in gums, makes it painful to eat. Went to dentist 1week ago, 3 abscess teeth in back ,need root canals if I dont pull them. Intermittent sharp pain to my right side.

COMPLICATED dental problems, what are my options, can I keep my teeth?!?
You have "Meth Mouth." This is what happens when you use Methamphetamines. Recreational? For a year? That's what did most of the damage. Then the pregnancy. Pregnancy pulls a lot of calcium out of your body for the baby. A lot of women get teeth problems (usually cavities) during/after a pregnancy. Having a baby right after getting off Meth.....well that is your answer. Can you keep your teeth? No. If the dentist says you have severe bone loss, your teeth will just begin to fall out because there is nothing underneath to hold them in. You won't be able to get implants either. False teeth would be your only option. And you would have to get the plates relined every 6-12 months because of the bone loss. The plates won't fix and you'll have lose false teeth.
Reply:Well I have an insane fear of the dentist, so it was worth it for me to get them pulled. Do you have insurance, it can get costly. What did the dentist tell you your prognosis? Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net